Skip to main content
- An issue causing players to be stuck on an Abyss boss and be unable to leave Parliament Square has been addressed.
- Players who were experiencing this issue should abandon the Abyss quest when they log in, and should be able to play normally after that.
- Stat calculation has been brought in line with the true MP2.0 data. Previously many stat calculations were incorrect due to a mistake in our code. This bug has been fixed, but may have increased feed costs on some items.
- If you need to respec your stats, contact a GM (ask in game or on Discord), we will be distributing Attribute Retrainers individually after this change
- This change may have also inadvertently fixed/affected skill effects
- Server logging has been improved to allow developers to pinpoint issues more easily. This should have no affect on players, but keep your eyes peeled for any latency/lag spikes.
- The “chat” chat channel will no longer continue to increase, and should stay at “chat-1”. To use this chat channel, type “/chat hello this is my message etc”
- The “newbie” chat channel has been removed
- A Consignment House terminal has been added to Charing Cross Station
- An issue affecting the dropping of unique quality items has been fixed
- Lag and latency issues across the board have been eliminated or drastically reduced. Players should see reduced average pings as well as no lag spikes during high population
- Players will now see other players in full resolution textures while in station. Show off your 1337 gear!
- A certain merchant in Charing Cross Station is very excited about open alpha, and seems to be… aroused by our progress. Make sure you have sound on to hear her enthusiasm.
- Links in the client login screen to create account, get help, etc now direct to https://london2038.com. Thanks Crash195x2!
Fawkes Day Event
- The Fawkes Day event quest should be available at Nemo in Templar Base and Holborn. Please don’t ask us what to do, figure it out! If you find yourself unable to complete it, let us know.
- We’re proud to invite all classes to now participate in the Marksman sports of hurling grenades during the Fawkes Day celebration–see any merchant for details
- The 2038 team would like to extend our gratitude to Kikina for assistance in shaking the bugs out of the Fawkes Day Event. Thanks Kikina!
- Talking to an NPC besides Titus after completing the Abyss quest (killing the Abyss boss) will no longer incorrectly finish the quest.
- Mods now have stat feed costs. Existing mods have had their costs retroactively applied which means certain items you may have equipped before the patch may have feed costs higher than you can afford. Therefore, we will be distributing free Attribute Retrainers for affected testers.
- NOTE: There is a visual glitch the first time you log in with a character who has feed costs higher than they can afford equipped! All items will have the red stop sign icon on them, until you unequip the item which has the feed cost which you can’t afford. This is purely visual! Please do not file a bug report!
- Lag caused by certain combinations of monsters commonly found in the Abyss “house” maps has been drastically reduced or removed.
- Players will no longer crash when fighting Moloch with AoE spells (Hellfire, Swarm, etc). Additionally, Evoker and Engineers will see a reduction in crashes in all areas of the game.
- Affixes will no longer incorrectly appear twice with identical values (critical chance, minion health, etc). The same affix may still appear twice on one item with different values, this is correct behavior and those values do stack.
- The Drone retrofit skill line as well as “+/- minion stat armor” will now correctly affect the Drone. Note: you will now need to re-summon the Drone after assigning points into the Retrofit skills or equipping +/- minion stat armor
- An issue remains related to Drone stat feeds, requiring the Engineer to sometimes unequip and re-equip gear on the drone after leaving a station.
- You may now correctly completely abandon the Abyss quest through the quest management window. Abandoning the Abyss quest will reset the portal count for any and all portals you have closed, and therefore de-spawn the boss if you have spawned the boss already. Starting the quest again will allow you to continue with a different rift type without needing to kill any bosses you spawned before abandoning the quest.
- Inspecting a player who leaves the station will no longer crash the inspector’s client.
- Screenshots taken using the /screenshot command will now save as JPG instead of BMP files.
- An issue disconnecting players and subsequently locking them out of their characters has been resolved.
- The Stat Respec Vendor in Holborn Station will now display correct prices per stat point.
- Players in all regions will now have London 2038 as the default login server
- Talox now spawns during the abyss quest
- Talox is no longer permanently invulnerable
- Fulcrum now spawns during the abyss quest
- Fulcrum is no longer permanently invulnerable
- Abyss bosses now always drop loot when at least 1 party member has the quest at time of the boss’s death
- Abyss bosses now always spawn at the correct level
- Abyss boss will now always spawn rather than sometimes not being there
- The Abyss quest now requires 5 rifts of a type to be closed, reduced from 10
- The Consignment House can now be used to buy and sell goods. You can find a CH terminal in Templar Base and Stonehenge
- Multishot now behaves correctly
- Rapid Fire now behaves correctly
- Blink now has the correct range limit
- Stampede now has the correct range limit
- Path of Righteousness now has the correct range limit
- Drone stats no longer increase each time you log in
- Drone health is no longer reset when entering or leaving stations
- Darkform is now behaving correctly and forces the player into 3rd person as intended
- Story quest portals will no longer say “Missing String Index: -1”
- It is no longer possible to spawn many Vortex Goliaths during the Hold Fast quest in Millennium Battle
- The Test Center Vendor has been removed. The skill tokens she sold can be found in the Abyss area loot tables