This patch introduces a number of fixes, class balance changes, and new content. In an attempt to further master the control of the game, we have decided to introduce some new weapons and bosses to the game. There are a variety of great new items available to drop from the Desiccator, and a collection of new bosses to face in the Westminster Catacombs. We are very pleased with these results, and are looking forward to introducing new content more in the future.
We are also introducing some changes that reduce the current damage capabilities of Summoners, because it has become clear in the data and research that the last patch over-buffed Summoners. We feel that the class is now in a good place, please continue to test and provide feedback. Additionally, Blademasters have undergone a significant revamp which should encourage more build variety and class cooperation.
In this patch, due to the number of skill and build changes, we have decided to distribute a skill retrainer to every existing character. New characters created after the patch will not receive this item. In addition to the skill retrainer, existing focuses that were changed in this patch have been retroactively modified. All new items that drop will automatically receive their adjusted values.
- The Piecemaker should no longer break down other players items.
- Summoned elementals should no longer die when they are too far away, or entering/exiting a Hellrift. Elementals should instead teleport to their owner.
- Damage absorption value in Defense in the inventory will now show the correct percentage
Gameplay related changes
- Reduced the prices of the attribute retrainer merchant by 90%. You can find Erich in Holborn station.
- The melee damage bonus given by the Strength stat increased to 2% from 1%.
- Spray Shrapnel no longer pierces targets.
- Sniper rifles can now pierce up to 5 targets.
- The damage values of Dreadnaught and all Abyss boss minions have been reduced.
- Increased monster variety in Brompton Cemetery, and Westminster Catacombs.
- Cave passageways are now larger, similar to the caves found in Stonehenge.
- Invisible monsters and Fellbore Archfiends no longer spawn in Abyss hellrifts.
- Coreslicers, Coreslashers, Coreshredders, Ripshards and unique versions have had their inherent critical chance reduced to 5% from 25%.
- Coreslicers, Coreslashers, Coreshredders, Ripshards base damage increased to match other foci.
- Glyphshards got their inherent critical chance increased to 7% from 0%, and their critical damage increased to 150% from 40%.
- Base damage of all focus items increased by 50%.
- Ripshards rate of fire increased to 80 from 20 (to prevent being stuck on base attack cooldown)
- All Bloodshards now have an armor value.
- Removed all power cost penalties from Feral armors.
- The Cybernet armor set inherent bonuses have been modified (including unique versions) in the following ways:
- Gloves and boots now have an inherent 1% critical chance
- Torso and Legs now have an inherent 2% critical chance
- Shoulders now have an inherent critical damage bonus (40-50%)
- Belts now have an inherent amount of armor penetration (5-9%)
- Movement speed penalties are removed from all pieces.
Westminster Catacombs Changes
- The Catacombs Nether Ward bosses have been replaced with new, unique, and more challenging bosses. These bosses reuse existing assets but have had their behaviors and qualities replaced.
- Every level of the catacombs now has a unique boss per level (warning: some of these bosses are very challenging and HC characters should take care especially when solo).
- There is a fixed chance for an Abyss weapon or armor to drop from the new bosses, excluding the unique versions. The drop chances for these are the following:
- 15% drop chance from a boss found in level 1-5.
- 30% drop chance from a boss found in level 6-10.
- 45% drop chance from a boss found in level 11-15.
- Decreased damage bonus of Sword of Justice from 40% bonus damage at level 1 to -83% damage at level 1.
- Sword of Justice power cost increased by 50%.
- The damage bonus of Charge increased to 120% from 50%. Cooldown has been reduced to 5 seconds at level 1, decreasing by 10% every level.
- Path of Righteousness’ cooldown reduced to 2.5 seconds.
- Skill placement of Onslaught and Path of Righteousness has been swapped, now you may take PoR earlier.
- Charge and PoR maximum level decreased to 5 from 10.
- Crosscutter and Sword Typhoon now pierce all targets in their range.
- Sword Typhoon’s cooldown decreased to 7.5 seconds from 15 seconds
- Thorns can now be learned at level 10. Maximum level decreased to 5 from 10. Damage increased by 100%.
- Crusader Wrath’s cooldown has been reduced to 60 seconds from 120 seconds.
- The damage of Sword of Authority increased to 500% weapon damage from 200%. Cooldown has been reduced to 5 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Sweeping Strike’s cooldown has been reduced to 5 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Whirlwind’s velocity bonus increased to 100% from 50%.
- The cooldown of Shield Throw reduced to 3 secs from 6 secs.
- Shield Turn cooldown reduced to 3 sec from 8 sec.
- Shield Charge cooldown at level 1 reduced to 8 sec from 15 sec.
- Stampede cooldown reduced to 5 sec from 8 sec.
- Shield Wall cooldown reduced to 30 sec from 45 sec.
- Prayer of Retribution cooldown reduced to 5 sec from 10. Base damage increased by 200%.
- Prayer of Smiting cooldown reduced to 5 sec from 15 sec.
- Shared cooldown of Prayer of Retribution and Prayer of Smiting reduced to 2.5 sec from 5 sec.
- Great Defender cooldown reduced to 60 sec from 180 sec.
- Challenge cooldown reduced to 2.5 sec from 5 sec.
- Denounce cooldown reduced to 2.5 sec from 5 sec.
- Effectiveness of Aura of Renewal increased by 100%.
- Effectiveness of Aura of Defense increased by 50%.
- Duration of Multishot increased to 9 seconds from 6 seconds. Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds from 30 seconds. Power cost reduced by 50%.
- Removed boost group from Multishot.
- Restricted the usage of Multishot while in Sniper mode.
- Restricted the usage of Sniper while Multishot is active.
- The Drone AI has been modified to react more quickly to its surrounding. Sight range is increased to 60m from 24m. Base movement speed increased.
- Spider Mines HP increased by 300%, base armor increased.
- Spider Mines now have 10% critical chance for 300% critical damage.
- Reduced maximum level of all Summoner elemental skills to 5 from 10. Power cost of elementals increased by 200%.
- Spectral Elemental now receives 75% increased damage per skill level, as a compensation for being alone.
- Toned down the drop quality of Sydonai and the Hell minibosses.
- Talox now has a 5% chance to drop a mythic abyss weapon, and will drop more randomly generated items.
- New unique items available to drop from Desiccator. See this video for detailed info about the new items
- 5% chance for one of the following:
- Tropical Storm
- F-S “Omerta” SNPR
- The Merkabah
- Ironbound Valley
- Harlequin Ablaze
- 5% chance for one of the following:
- Skill tokens now have a fixed drop chance from certain bosses. Loot tables separated by the level requirement of certain skills, which is the following:
- Tier 1 skills:
- Templar Restoration
- Shield Throw
- White-out Grenade
- Spider Mines
- Arcane Resilience
- Tier 2 skills:
- Crusader Wrath
- Prayer of Smiting
- Drone Agressive Mode
- Dark Lord
- Summon Bone Wall
- Tier 3 skills:
- Balance of Power
- Aura Stability
- EMP Blast
- Ghostly Strike
- Dark Offering
- Spectral Serpents
- Drop chances:
- Shulgoth (T1) 15%
- Oculis the All-Seeing (T2) 25%
- Beast of Abbadon (T2) 10%
- Sydonai (T3) 15%
- Tier 1 skills: